1 bag McCain Savoury Rice
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
½ punnet of mushrooms chopped
1 can of drained and washed red skinned beans
Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of rice spice
Parsley for garnish
Prep Time: 5 -10min
Cooking Time: 10 -15min
Serves 4- 6
- Prepare the frozen McCain savoury rice according to the instructions on the packet. Then leave it aside for later.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium to high heat.
- Then sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the beans and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are soft, add water if needed.
- Add some salt, pepper and rice spice.
- Once the McCain Savoury Rice is done add this to the pot and mix it up.
Recipe & Photo Credit: @sugary_baked_goodness