McCain Aloo Tikki
½ cup yoghurt with mixed cumin and cucumber (grated and drained of any excess moisture)
Tomato and onion salad, optional
Fresh coriander, optional
For the Curried Mix:
½ cup McCain Mixed Vegetables
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 tbsp masala powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tin chopped tomato
Sugar, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 chicken breast fillets, cooked and shredded (optional)
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Servings: 4 - 6
- Start by heating an oven to 220°C, arrange McCain Aloo Tikki on a baking tray and bake for 12-15 minutes from frozen. Or pop them in an Airfryer for 3- 4 minutes on each side.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add in the ginger followed by all the spices, and fry until aromatic.
- Add in the tomato paste, followed by the tinned tomatoes. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes, adjust the seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper. Add in the frozen McCain Mixed Veg and heat until the veggies are cooked.
Stir in the cooked chicken.
- Spoon a tablespoon of the chicken mixture on top of some of the crisp McCain Aloo Tikki bites, top with the yoghurt mixture, some chutney, followed by fresh coriander and top with another McCain Aloo Tikki bite.
- Serve with a tomato and onion salad or any sambals of your choice.
LOVE THIS RECIPE & WANT TO KEEP IT?
WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN FAMILY COOKBOOK?
Click on the link to visit our COOKBOOK CREATOR TOOL.
Variations, Hints and Tips
We used this compact Philips Essential Airfryer to get the perfect crisp onto our McCain Aloo Tikki giving our Curried Sliders a delicious crunch.
CLICK HERE to get more details about this Philips Airfryer.