3 Cups McCain Mixed Vegetables
4 Cups Dried Macaroni
1 Onion, Finely Diced
1 Litre Milk
80ml Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
150g Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
150g Cheddar Cheese, Grated
100g Hard White Cheese, Grated
1 Teaspoon Paprika
- Cook the Macaroni in salted boiling water until just tender (Al Dente)
- Mix the hot macaroni with the frozen vegetables and spoon the mixture into an oven proof serving dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In the meantime, sauté the onion in the butter until soft.
- Add the flour and stir through thoroughly.
- Slowly add the milk while stirring vigorously to avoid lump formation.
- Allow the sauce to cook out for 10 minutes before adding the cream and lemon juice.
- Mix the three cheeses together and add half of the cheese to the sauce and mix until fully melted.
- Adjust seasoning and pour the sauce over the macaroni and vegetables.
- Mix the remaining cheese with the paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Sprinkle over the pasta and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown and warmed through.