For the Chicken Pieces
4 – 8 Chicken Pieces
100ml Lemon Juice
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
½ Teaspoon Crushed Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Dried Mixed Herbs
½ Teaspoon Mustard Powder
2 Heaped Tablespoons Gravy Powder
1 Cup Chicken stock
1 Cup Hot Water
For the Sautéed Baby Peas
2 cups McCain Baby Peas
1 Onion thinly sliced
50g toasted almonds
50ml Soy Sauce
Method for the Chicken Pieces:
- Marinade the chicken in the above ingredients for 1 hour.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a roasting tray and roast at 200°C for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to 175°C and roast for a further 15 minutes until the chicken is crispy and tender.
- Remove the Chicken from the roasting tray and allow to rest while preparing the gravy.
- Pour the excess oil from the tray and place the tray on a hot stove-top.
- Pour the chicken stock over the hot tray and scrape the sediment of the pan while it bubbles
- In a small saucepan over a slow heat, dissolve the gravy powder on the hot water, add the reduced wine mixture, adjust seasoning and simmer down slowly until the sauce has thickened.
- Extra water can be added should the consistency be too thick
Method for the Peas:
1. In large frying pan sauté onions and peas until excess moisture has been absorbed.
2. Season with Soy sauce and sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving
For the Butternut Mash:
Take 2 Cups of portioned Butternut and heat as per on pack instructions