500 g McCain Crispy Steakhouse Oven Chips, oven baked as per pack instructions
60 ml vegetable oil
300 ml fresh cream or full cream milk
250 g streaky bacon, roughly diced
60 g sweet piquant peppers, finely sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
20 g salted butter, for greasing quiche pan
60 ml (40 g) semolina
2 spring onion, finely sliced for garnish
Servings4 - 6
- Preheat oven to 200°C, grease a 25cm x 5cm quiche pan with butter and sprinkle with semolina to form a crust. ; on a lined baking tray; sprinkle the McCain Crispy Steakhouse Oven Chips with vegetable oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake until golden and crispy 25-30 minutes; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan; add the bacon into a cold pan; turn to a medium heat and allow bacon to crisp, heat through the piquant peppers.
- Meanwhile, Layer the chips, bacon and piquant peppers into the prepared quiche pan and top with the egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining semolina over the top and bake for 30-35 minutes at 170°C.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Replace the bacon with 300 g McCain Mediterranean Roast Vegetables and add 80 g Feta Cheese for a vegetarian alternative.
- Make the quiche the night before your function and refrigerate un-baked and covered. Freshly bake the quiche the morning of; for a fresh fuss free meal.
- Replace the vegetable oil with olive oil, if preferred.