400g McCain Potato Roasts/Original Wedges
500g McCain Brussels Sprouts
100g Diced Onions
2 sprigs fresh or 5 ml dried rosemary
60ml (60 g) salted butter
90ml (50 g) cake flour
750ml full cream milk
10ml freshly ground black pepper
Salt, to taste
150g (350 ml) mature Cheddar cheese, grated
250g McCain Carrots Julienne
30ml sunflower oil
5ml smoked paprika
2ml dried chilli flakes, optional
Salt and fine white pepper, to taste
40ml pineapple or apple juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a casserole dish; 30cmx5xm, place the McCain Potato Roasts/Wedges and Brussels Sprouts and onions, toss through the olive oil and rosemary leaves. Roast until the vegetables are tender and golden, approximately 30 minutes. (Throughout the cooking, using a lifter; turn the vegetables to ensure even cooking and colour.)
- Meanwhile for the sauce: in a medium saucepan; heat the butter on a medium heat. Add the flour and stir using a wooden spoon until a thick paste is formed. Slowly and gently add in the milk, stirring continuously. Season; once the sauce has thickened and flour cannot be tasted, add in the cheese and allow to melt through.
- Pour the sauce over the potatoes and Brussels sprouts; stir through to ensure the vegetables are coated. Bake at 220°C until the top is crispy.
- Meanwhile, for the carrots: in a large saucepan, heat the McCain Carrots Julienne, with the oil, honey, paprika and seasoning. Allow the carrots to cook until tender and are coated in a dark sticky glaze. Add fruit juice to loosen the glaze and serve immediately.
Variations, Hints and Tips:
- Alternatively use McCain Butternut and Sweet Potato.
- Make this recipe in individual portions to serve at a dinner party.