40 g salted butter
80 g Diced Onion
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
400 g beef strips
2 ml paprika
15 ml lemon juice
350 g McCain Broccoli, defrosted
300 ml (250 g) McCain Mixed Vegetables, defrosted
500 ml Napolitana sauce (shop bought)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
250 ml (110 g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
McCain Savoury Rice or Couscous
- Preheat oven to 190 °C; In a large saucepan, heat half of the butter and sauté McCain Diced Onion and garlic. Remove onions and fry the beef strips in batches until golden, using remaining butter. Season and add paprika.
- Add in the lemon juice and toss through. Remove from heat, add directly into a 30cmx5cm casserole dish.
- In the same saucepan, toss the McCain Broccoli and Mixed Vegetables to colour slightly before adding to the casserole dish.
- Stir through the Napolitana sauce, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is golden, and the casserole has heated through.
- Serve immediately with a side serving of McCain Savoury Rice or fluffy couscous.
Variations, Hints and Tips
- Replace the beef strips with chicken fillet strips for a lighter alternative; and replace the tomato Napolitana sauce with a spicy Arrabiata Sauce.
- Make and freeze this meal without baking it. Allow to defrost overnight in the refrigerator and bake before dinner time.
- Did you know, you can make this recipe in individual ramekins or heat proof bowls as a starter for a festive gathering.